Rymar Engineering provides hardware and software engineering services to clients from its Silicon Valley location. Rymar Engineering was founded in 1985 by Rylan Luke, a graduate of UC Berkeley. Mr. Luke has served as an expert witness in several patent cases, and has been awarded a patent for video engineering. Clients include Abekas, Accom, Acuson, Ampex, IDT, Intersil, Intuitive Surgical, Wohler, Lockheed-Martin, Optimize, RGB Spectrum, and Videonics.
The following are the objectives of Rymar Engineering:
- Provide robust, manufacturable, high-performance designs
- Accurate scheduling, including periodic updates keyed to actual hours worked
- Clear, direct communication with management and engineering group members
- Effective, efficient use of the latest design tools
- Complete documentation
Rymar Engineering provides design services in the following areas:
- System design: technology review, alternative approach comparisons, physical constraints, power estimates, block diagrams, design review procedures
- Communication protocols: review of existing protocols, protocol design or extension as required, modulation system synthesis and analysis
- Review of existing systems for completeness, extensibility, and performance
- Computer and broadcast video graphics system design for volume production
- All video interfaces: HD-SDI, SD-SDI, Composite and S-Video(NTSC/PAL/SECAM), RGB, YPrPb, CCIR601, VGA (multiple formats), DVI
- ISO9001/Medical Device design environment experience
- High speed digital design and PCB layout: LVDS, DDR SDRAM, ECL
- LCD display systems, including LCOS microdisplays
- Rigid/Flex PCB layout and electromechanical design; micro-SMD components
- Video bandwidth digital to analog and analog to digital conversion
- PLL/Oscillator design and debug
- HDL design for FPGAs and FPLDs, including Verilog and VHDL
- Embedded systems: analysis, design, and implementation in assembler, C, C++.
- Extensive experience with Motorola, Intel, Microchip microcontroller architectures
- Software development environment tools: lex, yacc, awk, Tcl, make, rcs, cvs, subversion, others
- Creation and development of a hardware register description language, which provides for direct memory mapped, indirect memory mapped, serial bus, and other extensible types. Parsed output used in both the development environment and final delivered code.
- Diagnostics, including low level, stand alone diagnostics, which verify the processor execution environment, and high level, in-system tools, which use the standard device drivers to verify proper operation of the hardware.
We can also provide design services in many other areas: our flexibility, imagination, and perseverance can provide solutions to your "impossible" problems.
For more information, or to schedule a meeting to discuss your engineering requirements further, please contact:
10434 San Fernando Ave.
Cupertino, CA 95014